Surfing the Southside - Hatteras Island. Photo by Zog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

No Woman No Cry

Said I remember when we used to sit

on the motel porch in Avon,

enjoy-enjoying the summer breeze

as it blew soothingly through the night.

And then georgie would make the fire lights,

as it was sweet herb burning through the night.

And then we would tell our windsurf stories,

of which I'll share with you.


My board is my only carriage,

so I've got to plane on through.

but while I'm gone, I mean

Everything's gonna be all right.

Everything's gonna be all right.




 
Heard this song played live by two excellent musicians as we sat outdoors at the Avon Motel July 4th party.  I made up a few lyrics to go along with it.  Avon is a very special place for this windsurfer.  There is nothing like sitting outside at night and enjoying the warm southwest breeze after a great day of windsurfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment